Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darin Kramer Darin Kramer is offline

Default Active Cell to be used as filter...

Hi guys, think its a tough one...

I need to run a macro that filters data based on the contents of the
active cell.

Eg within my "info" sheet, I have:
a1 = cat
b1 = dog
c1 = Mouse

In another sheet (master) there are columns, one of which is "type of
animal"

If user is on cell a1 in the "info" sheet and activates the macro, I
need the Macro to filter the column "type of animal" in the "master"
sheet. (I also need to apply a second filter to another column in the
master sheet, but that is not dependent on the users choice so I have
been able to do using .AutoFilter Field:=13, Criteria1:="Y")

Appreciate any thoughts,suggestions and solutions for this novice VBA
user!!! :)

Thanks

Regards