BP

Thanks so much for the response. Yes, It is a CD-R. Forgive me for being
ignorant, but what kind of disk do I need to save my workbook? It does save
to it, but like I said it becomes read-only which is useless to me. It is a
really large file so I can't save it to any floppy that I have.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is it a CD-R, not re-writable? I don't think Excel (certainly not in my
versions) supports direct writing to a CD.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"BP" wrote in message
Every time I save a workbook, it becomes read-only on the CD. I cannot

change
its attrributes because it falshes an "access denied" when I try. How am I
supposed to save my workbooks to CD so that I can work with them on other
computers?