Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
wdeleo[_2_] wdeleo[_2_] is offline

Default workbook macros now run VERY slowly ... ideas please

I made some revisions to a workbook and when I went to run the macros later I
noticed that everything was running terribly slow (seconds to minutes for
something that was instantaneous before). The workbook size had also
increased from 1.5 megs to 40 megs. I identified the reason for the size
increase (autofilter copy/paste included too many rows) and reduced the size
back to the 1.5 megs. BUT, it still runs at snail's pace. The CPU stays
pegged at about 50% while the macros are running, but it shouldn't be taking
so long.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I might be able to identify/rectify
the problem?

TIA

WD