Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] erikrthorne@gmail.com is offline

Default Excel Freezes When moving from UserFrom to Excel Spreadsheet

No, no RefEdit controls, MultiPage form that uses ComboBoxes; Labels;
TextBoxes is all.

I guess my question is what programs can be kicked off when I toggle
from one form to Excel? Is there a way to check this? I could
understand Worksheet_Activate or Workbook_Activate, but then I would
expect this to hang anytime they receive focus, not only from a single
form.

NickHK wrote:
Does that userform have a RefEdit control on it ?

NickHK

wrote in message
oups.com...
When I try that the first thing I get is an error message that says
this action will reset your project, and then I get an unexpected Excel
error that shuts Excel down. It's almost as if something is running to
begin with, that is getting interupted.

I then re-opened the worksheet, but this time disabled the macros. I
then ran CodeCleaner again, and it worked (And also decreased my file
size by almost 300k, so thanks!)...

But the problem still remains. Its almost like something is running in
the background, just by opening up the spreadsheet. But I have no idea
what, and if I hit the break or stop button nothing happens. It seems
to get hung up when I toggle from just that UserForm.

RB Smissaert wrote:
Try running the free VBA CodeCleaner that you can download from:
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

RBS

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was wondering if anyone else ever runs into this problem, and if so
what causes it, and how to fix it.

When I am in the Microsoft Visual Basic Window, there is one form that
causes excel to freeze (excel.exe resource shoot to 99%), forcing me

shut down excel manually, and lose any changes. This only occurs if I
have that form visible and I toggle from the form back to the
spreadsheet. There are no problems/errors running the user form. It
occurs only when I am working in the VB Window and toggle back to the
Excel spreadsheet window.

It does not occur with any other UserForm, or when the code is

showing.

Only when I'm on this particular userform.

Since there is no code running, I don't understand what causes this.
Is somethign compiling in the background everytime I switch back to
Excel? I've done some research, I've done the help / detect and

repair

thing. I don't get any error messages, and no errors are present in
the code.

Any input is greatly appreciated as I keep losing work...

Thanks