Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
markwalling[_2_] markwalling[_2_] is offline

Default easy (?) subtraction problem

DateSerial() is what i think you are looking for
--
"if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. if you teach a man to
fish, you feed him for a lifetime."

"Tim Marsh" wrote:

Hi All,

Its the end of a long week here and my brain has already shut-down for the
weekend.

can someone tell me how i can subtract one year from a date. eg, if the
initial date is 19/09/2006 in cell A1 how do i calculate to get the result
of 19/09/2005 in cell B2? i need to do this for two sets of approx. 3000
dates.

i can't think what formula or vba i would use even though it seems soooo
simple! i can't simply subtract 365 days because some might be in a leap
year.

tia,

Tim