Dave Peterson

I'd guess your windows settings for the list separator is different from what
the program uses.

You could change your windows setting (from a semicolon to comma???), but that
affects all of windows. I would guess that you'd want to change it back after
you import the data. (It's under windows control panel|regional settings).

But since you have the data in column A, you could select column A and do
Data|Text to columns and specify the separator character.

After that's done, you can save the way you want.

Bigtherms wrote:

Ok thanks –Slight confession needed since my first posting! Sorry I was
confused.

I’m actually using Excel 97 – I have a .csv file generated from a
Product Management System for CAD that when opened in 97 has all info
per row in the first cell. (what I now understand is probably Tab or
Space delimited)

What I need is this to be Comma Delimited but it’s not obvious in 97
how to convert or configure to be Comma Delimited upon opening.

I believe in 2000 there is a option under Data/ Get External Data.

So any ideas for this one? :)

Regards,

Ryan.

--