Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keeena keeena is offline

Default How do I colour ill a cell in excel with a formula?

I forgot to mention - select column "B" before opening the Conditional
Formatting window. This will apply the formatting to the entire
column.

keeena wrote:
Use conditional formatting under the Formatting menu.

Assuming Col A is the Targeted price and Col B is the actual price, use
the following Conditional Format:

Choose "Formula is" option from dropdown

Enter this as the condition: =ABS($A1-$B1)50

Select the Format button and select the special format to apply (e.g.
Yellow fill).

-K