Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default macros

Ok, I found a private Sub Workbook Open and commented every line out, so I don't have to hold down the shift key each time and open EXCEL before that, lest it also suppress the EXCEL add-ins.

And this stopped the macros from being invoked. However, somehow all the worksheets got password protected again later, with old passwords. Are there any other macro names to look for that mean they run autonomously without the user knowing? For example, I see one named "Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose" but it doesn't look like that's the one that would do password protection.

Any ideas? Perhaps I inadvertently ran one of the old macros that set the passwords.

Thanks!
Dean

"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...
alt f11. Look in a regular module for auto_open or the ThisWorkbook modules for workbook_open

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dean" wrote in message ...
Excuse what I've forgotten. This file I've inherited has a macro that starts when I open the file and I would like to disable it. I can't seem to locate it, by name. As I recall, there is a magic letter or something that identifies such. How do I find it?

Also, I'm not sure I am seeing all the macros text, how do I show all modules, or whatever it would be called?

Thanks!
Dean