Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Spreadsheet[_6_] Spreadsheet[_6_] is offline

Default Gathering Data

Thanks a bunch Tom, the macro is functional now.I just have a fe
concerns.

1) Right now the macro adds the selected row to the "ALL" workshee
according to the number in column B. This works very well when the ne
row to be added to the ALL sheet has a number in column B that i
greater than any number in column B of the ALL sheet (the new row i
then added to the bottom of the sheet). However, when the new row to b
added to the ALL sheet has a number in column B that is less than som
of the numbers in column B of the ALL sheet, the macro finds the righ
place for the new column and then overwrites whatever was currently i
that place on the ALL sheet. This may occur because there could be man
rows with the same number in column B.

SOLUTION? Can the macro insert a new row and then add the ne
information to it?

2) The oonly other issue is this: If I want to merely update a row tha
already exists, I don't want this row to be added to the ALL sheet,
just want the information to be updated.

SOLUTION? The runs a logical test to see if the number in Column
(this number is unique) of the currently selected row exists on the AL
sheet in Column C. If it does, then the row containing this number i
overwritten by the currently selected row. If the number does not exis
in Column C of the ALL sheet, the macro proceeds to insert a row in th
correct place and writes the information there.

Are these suggestions possible? I'm not a programmer so I don't know i
that would be easy or not, but it seems like it shouldn't be impossible
Thanks again for all the help

--
Spreadshee
Spreadsheet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3473