Sue

Hi Biff,
Tried both suggestions but they both came back with 0/01/00 and I know the
finish date for client B2 in column E is 25/03/05. Column D is already
formated Date.
Can you help further?
Thanks Sue

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

=sumproduct(--(B2:B366="name"),E2:E366)

But use this instead:

=SUMIF(B2:B366,"Name",E2:E366)

Format cell as DATE

Biff

"Sue" wrote in message
I have literally typed in
=sumproduct(--(B2:B366=name),--(E2:E366<""),E2:E366)
but I am getting #NAME? error. I want cells in column D to read the
client
name in column B and go to column E and find the latest finish date for
that
person. Where am I going wrong with the above formula? Clients name can
appear on up to 5 rows scattered intermittently down the spreadsheet but
only
one entry will have the finish date for that client and the rest will have
defaulted to 0 due to post linking from another workbook. Can anyone
please
help. I have just this problem to go.
Thanks Sue.
B D
Client Names where latest finish date to be inserted
Finish
dates