Dave Peterson

You could try:

Tools|options|General tab|Ignore other applications (check it)

Then double click on the workbook in windows explorer.

And be aware that turning this setting on sometimes gives errors with workbooks
that contain spaces in their path/name:

C:\my documents\excel\my book.xls

The error will look kind of like:
cannot find c:\my ..
then
cannot find documents\excel\my
then
cannot find book.xls

==
It may be easier/safer/more reliable to start the second instance and then
File|open the workbook.

And I just use another shortcut (placed on the desktop) to start that second
instance--

or I use Windows|start button|run
excel
and hit enter.

Scott@PRM wrote:

I want to be able to click on a file to open it in Excel. Then when I click
on a second excel file. I want it to open in a second Excel session on my
second monitor. Is this possible, if so...how?

Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson