Roger Govier

Then Gary has given you the answer you want.
I had mistakenly thought you were getting an answer of 44% when you were
expecting 125%.
In case you didn't see Gary's post he wrote

with A1 =5/4
in B1= 1 - (A1/(A1+1))
will return an answer of .4444

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Saxman" wrote in message
Roger Govier wrote:
You must be doing something incorrectly.
First mark the rrange of cells where you want to enter your data and
FormatCellsNumberPercentage
Then in a cell tpe =5/4 and it will show 125%, =2/1 will show 200%, =7/2
will show 350%

I probably require some sort of lookup or match function.

In cell A1 I put the value 5/4. In horse racing markets, 5/4 odds has a
44% chance. Probably the value 44 needs to be place in another cell for
lookup purposes?

What I require is a spreadsheet which will give a value of 44 in a cell by
typing in 5/4 in another cell (its equivalent).