Gary L Brown

in Cell A1 put 5/4 which equals 1.25
in Cell B1 put the following formula...
= 1 - (A1/(A1+1))
this will equal .4444

--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

1 - (numerator / (numerator + denominator))

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".

"Saxman" wrote:

One of my hobbies is horse racing and I am faced with the following problem.

If one converts an incomplete fraction like 5/4 (1.25 decimal), as a
percentage it equals 44%.

Likewise 2/1 (2.0), 33%.

How can I type fractions as above in one cell, and convert/replace them
to a percentage as above in another cell? The conversion does not have
to be formatted as a percentage, just a number to use for calculations
in the next stage.