Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA and VSTO

If you are deploying to Excel 2000 and Xp as well as 2003, VB.Net isn't
really an option anyway.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jos Vens" wrote in message
Hi Chip,

I mean, I developped in VBA, and I don't want to spend to much time to set
my code in vb.net. Is the language comparable or do I have to learn a lot
(and debug a lot) to get my code back in vb?

I never used VB.NET! I assume you mean I cannot copy and paste my code

from
vba to vb.net.

Jos

"Chip Pearson" schreef in bericht
Assuming you know VB.NET,

1. Is my code in VBA in a high level portable to the new platform

Only you can answer that question.

2. Can I compile the project to an executable stand-alone file (.exe)

so
I am not dependent to what the user have installed of dll's

With VTSO, you end up with a workbook and a managed code DLL.

3. Does it work with all versions of Office (starting with 2000)

No. 2003 only.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jos Vens" wrote in message

since I have serious problems in VBA, I consider to migrate to VSTO. I
have some questions about that, in order of importance:

1. Is my code in VBA in a high level portable to the new platform
2. Can I compile the project to an executable stand-alone file (.exe)

so
I am not dependent to what the user have installed of dll's
3. Does it work with all versions of Office (starting with 2000)

Thanks for your help.
Jos Vens

PS my big problem in VBA is the difference of the mso.dll (mso9.dll for
office 2000) of the different office versions, which causes a crash on
startup when I build up my menu-bar. Recompilation on the specific

excel
version solves the problem, but then I have to maintain at least 3
versions (2000, XP and 2003). Even subversions (Service Packs and minor
upgrades cause those commilation problems so I cannot keep that much
versions).