Arvi Laanemets

Sorry!

Replace semicoons in formula with commas!

Arvi Laanemets

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote in message
Hi

=TEXT(A1;"$#.00")
= "Annually, at the " & TEXT(L32;"$#.00") & " weekly figu"

Format affects only the cell, it is applied to. Really it affects how

data
in formatted cell are displayed, not the data itself. I.e. when you

format
the cell with number 2 as currency, it is displayed as $2.00, but really

the
cell contains the number 2. Format ther same cell as date - and 2nd

January
of 1900 is displayed, etc. When you reference the cell, then the source
format is not inherited.

Arvi Laanemets

Thanks again for the reply Arvi, but the above isn't working. I've done a
copy & paste on the formula above, formatted the cell for text, then tried
currency and neither one works. Is it possible that there is an extra

space
character I need to take out?

Thanks, Bob