Eric

Tom,

Could you post the end formula exactly as you typed it? It should work,
based on what you've said. Maybe you've misplaced a bracket or some other
typing error.

Regards,

Eric

"Tom B via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I'm using the formula (A2-A1)/A1 to determine the % change between two cells.
I have an instance where I need to subtract the value of two cells from the
current cell before determining the % change. I've come up with several
different ways to arrive at the actual changed value (e.g. A3-SUM(A1:A2) or
SUM(A3-A2-A1) ) which return the correct value but when I try to arrive at
the % change from the original amount by adding "/A1" to the formula I get an
error. Am I way off?