Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using forms?

On question 2, if the code module is in the same project as the form, which
I assume that it is, add

Option Private Module

at the head of the module, and keep the subs public.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Linn Kubler" wrote in message

Using Excel 2003 here. I've created a form but have a couple questions

on
how to implement them. I made a subroutine that calls the form with a

show
statement. What I'd like to see happen is when the user clicks a botton

on
the form it runs another routine to perform some actions. I have this

other
routine working now but I noticed that by default it is public. My

concern
with this is that someone may just go to Tools | Macros and run the

routine
without running the form. I use the form to force the user into setting a
number of variables needed for the routine. It also seems as though the
called routine doesn't complete until the form is closed. It's performing

remote query of a SQL server.

My questions are then:
1.) How can I get the remote query to complete without releasing the form?

2.) How can I return a value from the form to the calling program? I'd

like
to make the second subroutine private but if I do I can't run it from the
form itself. So I'd like to return a value to the calling subroutine and
continue exicution from there.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for your help.
Linn