Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JCIrish JCIrish is offline

Default return pageBreaks

Thanks again, NickHk. Since I recently started with VBA, winging my way
through it, I bought a book to help the process. I got hung up on this
pageBreak problem, which is really tangential to my main concern, and your
post was very helpful. I'm grateful. (I still can't, however, return page
breaks that are automatic!)
Thanks,

JCIrish

"NickHK" wrote:

JCIrish,
Debug (or Immediate) is one of the Windows you have available to see direct
output from your app, or test results.
If it is not visible, go to ViewImmediate
Look there to see the result of any Debug.Print statements.

As for "Next", it marks the end of the "For Each..." block. Check the help
for loops.

NickHK

"JCIrish" wrote in message
Hi, NickHK
Thanks for the very useful response. I'm new at this. The last two lines

of
my code were put there simply to let me step through it several times,
clearing the results and changing the HPageBreaks() subscript to observe

the
results. I just wanted to know where all the page breaks occur. I see the
logic of what you've written and I will try that. I've not run into the

code,
"Debug.Print", so, not yet having tried it, I don't know what it does.

Ditto
for the line,"Next." Can you tell me something about these lines?

Again, thanks a lot for giving a rookie a hand.

JCIrish

"NickHK" wrote:

JCIrish,
Not sure what you are trying to achieve with the code but you will only

be
to work with HPageBreaks(2), if it exists, hence the Subscript error.
To work with all Hbreaks:
Dim myHPageBreak As HPageBreak
For Each myHPageBreak In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(1).HPageBreaks
With myHPageBreak
Debug.Print "Manual ? : " & CBool(.Type = xlPageBreakManual)
Debug.Print "Location : " & .Location.Address(, , xlR1C1)
End With
Next
End Sub

"JCIrish" wrote in message

Here is a simple code I've written that returns page break locations,

but
only those page breaks that I've inserted manually. It won't return

page
breaks that Excel inserts automatically. If I try to get these page

breaks
get the message, "subscript out of range. Can anybody tell me why? And

how
use this type of simple code to get automatic page breaks?

Sub pageBreakA1C1()

'will find only those page breaks that were manually inserted
'won't find those inserted automaticall by Excel

Dim myPageBreakA1C1
myPageBreakA1C1 =
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(1).HPageBreaks(2).Locati on.Address(, ,

xlR1C1)
Range("A3").Select
Selection = myPageBreakA1C1
Range("A4").Select