Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Sorting data with Named Ranges

When you sort, the names are not moved.

Guess you will need to put labels to the left or right and sort both
columns.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gap" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have salary data in say 3 cells that I name them
(Insert-Name-Define) say CEO_Salary, VP_Salary and Manager_Salary.

Now when I sort this data the names point to different salaries. My CEO
is getting a Managers salary after the sort :-)

The names are pointing to different Ranges they were not originally set
for.

Is this normal? Shouldn't the names move along with the data just like
the cells formatting etc.

Is there a way to have the names keep pointing to the Data(Range) they
were originally meant for?

Thank You.
Gap.