Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Is Excel "caching" pages ?

Here is some code posted previously by Bernie Deitrick:

-------------------------------
Wijnand,

Here's a little sub that will remove the temporary files
named myfile*.*. Just make sure your path is correct, and
change the name to match your needs. (And the msgbox lines
are just for troubleshooting initially.)

HTH,
Bernie

Sub FindKill()
With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.FileName = "myfile*"
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
If .Execute() 0 Then
MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & " file(s)
found."
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
Kill .FoundFiles(i)
Next i
Else
MsgBox "There were no files found."
End If
End With
End Sub
------------------------------

Tom Ogilvy

"affordsol" wrote in message
Hello Tom, nice to hear from you again !

Have any idea of how to code it so as to delete the file in the cache ?

regards from Belgium,
Hervé+

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Yes, I believe it is. (more precisely, the caching mechanism is being

shared
by both applications). You will need to delete the file in the cache
before retrieving I would think.

Tom Ogilvy

"affordsol" wrote in message
Hi everyone !

In my Excel application, I use the following code to get a table from

my
web
site:
Sub ReadWeb()
Workbooks.OpenText

FileName:="http://www.MYSITE.be/TestPHP/profsactual.xls"
End Sub

To my greatest surprise, the output does NOT reflect the actual

changes
done
to that file !

Is Excel using some "caching" as IE does ????

Thanks and regards from Belgium,
Hervé+