Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sylvain sylvain is offline

Default call external macro

Hello Dave,

Thanks a lot because I was looking for a similar problem,
something like :
x = Application.Run("'D:\...\YourAdd-in.xla'!YourSubName", Arg1, Arg2)

and it wasn't working while I didn't use the "'" character...

Best regards, Sylvain

Dave Peterson a écrit :
What did you try?

I would have guessed that:
x = Application.Run("'YourAdd-in.xla'!YourSubName", Arg1, Arg2)

would have worked fine.

gm139 wrote:

I have tried your second suggestion, that is exactly what I would like
to do.

In my .xla add-in I have a subroutine called "Import".

When I try to run it from my workbook I get an error.

What is the syntax to be used to call a sub or function in an xla
file?

I have tried several different syntax but no one works.

--
gm139
gm139's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26951