Eve

I have been trying that and it doesn't work. The 5 digit numbers just remain
there even though I choose the format for those cells to show the date with
format of mm/dd/yy. It's like I somehow locked it or protected it and I
can't undo it. Any other advice?

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:

select the cell and in menu bar
format-cells-number- dates
choose any format you want.
including mm/dd/yyyy

mine excel 2000
=====================

Eve wrote in message
Somehow I accidentally hit a key(s) and caused my dates in one column of

my
worksheet to convert to corresponding 5 digit numbers. Each date has its

own
unique number (i.e. 7/1/2005 now reads 38534). I want to change it back

so
that is actually displays the dates. How do I do that?

I'm using MS Office Excel 2003 running on XP.

Thanks.