Bob Phillips

You would need to write a UDF that extracts that cell, or that part of the
cell, that you want, reverse the text and return that reversed value into a
helper column. Then sort on that helper column.

Are you saying that if the email address is

it should revert to

moc.erehwemos@:em

?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"andrewcodd" wrote in message
I have a pile of email addresses and i would like to go through them

ordered
by company to see how many we have from each company and see who we have

of
interest in our list? the list is ordered alphabetically and i would like

it
remain ordered alphabetically but in the style of a rhyming dictionary ie
last letter given highest priority and the first letter the lowest. I am
suprised i couldnt find the answer in help because this is normally used

for
lists of dates. ie put the year first, month second and day last then you
have from the date a numeric sequence corresponding to chronological

order.
in summary i would like the list ordered alphabetically as if it were a
mirror image of itself. i use excel 2003. many thanks