Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Excel template in Public Folder opens actual file

Hi Nick, yes, the file is a genuine XLT. Any other ideas?

"NickHK" wrote:

XP,
You did save the file as a Template, not just change the extension to "xlt"
?

NickHK

"XP" wrote in message
Please note that I accidentally posted this message in Outlook.VBA please
excuse the cross-post.

I am using Office 2003 with Windows XP.

I uploaded an Excel template file (*.xlt) into public folders in Outlook,
however, when I double click the icon, the actual template file is opened.

I need a COPY of the file opened BASED on the template - i.e. standard
functionality, not the template itself. Can this be done? What am I doing
wrong?

Please help, thanks in advance.