Posted to sci.electronics.design,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WayneL[_2_] WayneL[_2_] is offline

Default Keeping the exponent at a fix value in Excel

Could please let me know how to format in Engineering notation?
I have been in Format = Cell and there is not Engineering on Scientific.

Cheers

WayneL
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:49:01 GMT, "WayneL"
wrote:

Hi

When formatting in Scientific, how can you keep the exponent constant and
allow the decimal point to move?
For example

If I have:
6.647E-03
1.741E-02
8.378E-02

How do I ensure that Excel keeps the E to E-3 and adjust the decimal
point?

Cheers

WayneL

Don't use "Scientific", use "Engineering" notation.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |