DianeMcP

Max,

I've got another question for you.......

If we then wanted to sort Sheet2 results based on A1's heading of Subject,
how can we do this? The headings from Sheet1 (A through E) have been copied
to row 2 in Sheet2. When we try to sort the A column (Subject), it sorts the
column but doesn't sort the rest of the columns. When we highlight the whole
sheet, it changes A2's heading from the column names to one of the subject
pulldowns.

Is there an easy way to get the results for the date we want (Sheet2:A1) and
then be able to sort by Subject (A column)? or choose other columns to sort
by column?

--
Thanks,
Diane

"Max" wrote:

"DianeMcP" wrote
I'm not sure if having that huge pulldown list for dates will be of any

help.
It will sometimes take less time to enter a date than to find it on the
pulldown list.

Well, you did ask for a pull down option, didn't you ? <g
It was simply an illustration of what's possible with a DV droplist.

My next question, however, is ......on Sheet two when, in A1,
when I do select a date, is there a special command
to get a listing of deadlines for a range of dates
(say 17-Jun-05 to 4-Jul-05)?

Think we would need to revise the formula in the criteria col E in Sheet1 to
now pick out the defined range of dates instead of just a match for a single
deadline input in Sheet2's A1

For example:

Instead of putting in E2: =IF(D2="","",IF(D2=$F$1,ROW(),""))

Put in E2 something like:
=IF(D2="","",IF(AND(D2=$F$1,D2<=$F$1+14),ROW(),"" ))
and then just copy E2 down as before

The above will now pick out all the deadlines in Sheet1's col D which fall
between the date entered in Sheet2's A1 up till and inclusive of a date 14
days ahead. The flexibility is hence there for you to specify by revising
the criteria formula in E2 to suit.
--
Rgds
Max