Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cathy W[_2_] Cathy W[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with formulas updating

Hi. Thanks for the response.

It gives me the error "That name is not valid" and highlights the "'" quote
in the formula.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Try

=INDIRECT(["'" & A1 & "]Sheet1'!G26")

In article ,
"Cathy W" wrote:

Hello. I have an excel template that when opened, pops up an open dialog box
and asks the user to pick a file to open. When this file is opened, the path
is then inserted into cell A1 of all sheets of the template. I then want to
use the formula in certain cells that takes values from the workbook that the
user selected to open. An example of the formula is : =[A1]Sheet1!G26. What
I thought this would do would be to pull the path from cell A1 and then go to
sheet 1, cell G26 and get that value, but it is not updating. I need it like
this because the values of the cells depend on the file the user opens.

Hope someone can help.

Cathy