Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Problem with formulas updating

Try

=INDIRECT(["'" & A1 & "]Sheet1'!G26")

In article ,
"Cathy W" wrote:

Hello. I have an excel template that when opened, pops up an open dialog box
and asks the user to pick a file to open. When this file is opened, the path
is then inserted into cell A1 of all sheets of the template. I then want to
use the formula in certain cells that takes values from the workbook that the
user selected to open. An example of the formula is : =[A1]Sheet1!G26. What
I thought this would do would be to pull the path from cell A1 and then go to
sheet 1, cell G26 and get that value, but it is not updating. I need it like
this because the values of the cells depend on the file the user opens.

Hope someone can help.

Cathy