Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Biggest commercial .xla file?

About 3 years.
At one stage I thought I had come to the maximum possible size, but after
some reorganisation I think there is still room left to make it bigger. Of
course there is always the option to shift more code to dll files.

RBS

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
I see. Well, it sounds like quite a project. How long have you been
working on it?

Doug

"RB Smissaert" wrote in message
Well, the comments and blank lines are removed for the commercial file,
but I have plenty of comments etc. in the
working file.
Also to mention that there is nothing in the sheets, but I have quite a
bit code and a big form in ActiveX dll files.

RBS

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
.. .
I don't know, but it must be a bear to debug!

Doug

"RB Smissaert" wrote in message
Wonder what the largest available commercial .xla file is.
I have one that is a bit over 3.5 Mb, with only code and forms and no
comments or blank lines at all.
Would this be a record?

RBS