Sandy Mann

Aladin,

I accept that your use of LOOKUP is more efficient than mine, (well my
plagiarised version really, probably the only original thought I have had
was, "I wonder if there is anything on the net about Excel?"), for one thing
'mine' used two function calls. So that I can expand my understanding of
how XL works, do you know if LOOKUP checks all 65,536 rows or just the used
range? If it does check all rows, is it still faster than a limited range -
say 1,000 rows. I other words is it 65 times faster?

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote in message
That puts efficiency in back seat. <g

George W. Barrowcliff wrote:
Thanks, for the quick responses. Does exactly what I needed to do.

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message

George,

Provided that you do not mean WHOLE column when you say column of numbers
try:

=LOOKUP(2,1/ISNUMBER(L1:L1000),L1:L1000)

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"George W. Barrowcliff" wrote in message
.com...

How can I find the last nonblank value in a column of numbers?

TIA

GWB

--

[1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
their Excel numeric equivalents.