Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jonah[_4_] Jonah[_4_] is offline

Default Password - hyperlink or macro?

As it is the plan to let four users share data files, any changes made in one
users "My Documents" would I believe exclude the other users from seeing the
updated files.

Umm!

Jim Thomlinson wrote:

Probably a better solution would be to use the Windows Login name. You can
get this using:

Environ("Username")

Check the value returned against a list and then redirect the user as is
apporpriate. This way you do not need to get the user to do anything other
than open the spreadsheet and you do not need to store passwords as the
security is integrated with the login name.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jonah" wrote:

Password - hyperlink or macro?

If I have two cells on a sort of Homepage in Excel, how can I have a
User enter their name and a password, and get
Excel to validate it and take them to a new worksheet or workbook?

A B
1 USER: [ Enter your name] Password: [Enter your
password]

Jonah