Demi

Default Question for use of offset and range

I have a set of data that i have assigned a range name.
Time to time i keep adding data to this sheet.
I know I can do it using Offset function. But the problem is I am not really
able to understand the Offset function. It does not include the new data i
add in the range .
And somehow after I write the offset function the range name does not show
up in the upper right hand range name drop down menu.
can someone kindly let me know how exactly can i use offset and why does the
range name disappear from teh drop down list after writing the offset
function.

thank you for all the help.