Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How do I change the color of a cell depending on the result of the function in that cell

Just to add, when you ask a question that has an obvious answer, but you
don't want the obvious answer, why not say that in the problem statement and
that will cut down (won't necessarily eliminate) the number of people
providing the obvious answer.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mo Childs" wrote in message
Tom Ogilvy wrote:

Look at Format = Conditional Formatting in the menu.

Thanks, but I don't want to use conditional formatting, I want to know
how to do it from my own function.

I tried ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex = RGB(128, 0, 0) from within the
formula but that doesn't change the color of the cel as I thought it
might. I assume the cell that the formula returns a value to isn't
necessarily the active cell.

--
Mo