Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
vandenberg p vandenberg p is offline

Default Open file behavior with add-in

Dave:

Again thanks, I was hoping to avoid that but sometimes you can't.

Pieter

Dave Peterson wrote:
: I guess that just leaves a "good luck" in your search.

: Maybe you can just comment out subroutine by subroutine and see what breaks the
: setting.

: (I don't have a better guess.)

: Good luck <vbg.

: vandenberg p wrote:
:
: Dave:
:
: Thank you for your response. I had already double checked to make sure "Ignore other etc
: was unchecked. Also I had tried the excel /unregserver etc also. And to be sure I just
: did it again. It does not change the behavior. The only thing that seems to cure
: the problem that I have found is to unload the add-in.
:
: Pieter Vandenberg
:
: Dave Peterson wrote:
: : It might not be the addin's fault...
:
: : Sometimes one of these works:
:
: : Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)
:
: : --- or ---
:
: : Close Excel and
: : Windows Start Button|Run
: : excel /unregserver
: : then
: : Windows Start Button|Run
: : excel /regserver
:
: : The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's
: : factory defaults.
:
: : vandenberg p wrote:
: :
: : I have written an add-in that when it is loaded, Excel will
: : not load a file that has been double clicked unless Excel is
: : open already. If Excel is not open the file will not load
: : although Excel does not load a default blank spreadsheet as it
: : does if I load Excel directly. (This is not the well known
: : uncheck the ignore other application box problem.) If the
: : add-in is not loaded everything works fine. I have other
: : add-ins loaded that do not affect the behavior so I am
: : reasonably sure that it is something in my add-in that
: : causes the problem.
: :
: : Most of the code is a module (over 5000 lines). A little
: : is in this workbook module and a little is in forms
: : modules. Since there is a lot of code it is difficult to
: : know where to start looking for the problem. Can anyone
: : suggest where I might look or even better if you suspect
: : you know where the problem is can you tell me. Thank you.
: :
: : Pieter Vandenberg
:
: : --