Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PY & Associates[_4_] PY & Associates[_4_] is offline

Default Project: Assignment letter

Mmmm, nothing wrong in the same sheet isn't it?

"PY & Associates" wrote:

In sheet 1,
let's have a1 to a12 filled up,
b1 to b9 have list validation for Primary
c1 to c9 have list validation for Alternate

A button will trigger copying a, b, and c of activerow to say d1, e1, f1
then activate sheet 2. If necessary, we can automate printout also.

In sheet 2,
put the template letter linking the required information to sheets(1)!d1 etc

"Optitron" wrote:

I have 12 different Collateral Duty assignment letters. We have 9
different shops and each shop assigns a person to Primary and an
Alternate for each Collateral Duty. The letters are in WORD format, but
I'm wondering if I can do this in excel. I have an idea for a table that
list the 12 Collateral Duties in column A, a cell for each name of the
Primary in column B, a cell for each name of the Alternate in column C.
Once someone puts all the names in this table and clicks a button,
automatically the names are put on each letter and printed out. I
should be able to convert each letter into excel myself. I also need
the date changed on the letter too. The way we have it now, we have to
type in the name on each form, I just want to make it easier.

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26729