Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default cannot shift objects off sheet

Hi Tim,
Should have hit enter so I think the only thing here not already
mentioned is protection.

Check your lastcell location Ctrl+End

Make sure you are not trying to insert a very large number of rows
like the entire worksheet, half the worksheet.

You did not mention anything about not having protection turned on.

Do you have shapes on the workbook.

Can you manually insert rows in the worksheet.
---
HTH,

"Tim Wallace" <twallace-ThisDoesNotBelong-AT-emailDOTcom wrote in message ...
I've posted this problem in some C# groups, but after a couple of days, I've
not gotten any useful responses. So, here goes again.

I have a C# application from which I need to open an Excel (2003
11.6255.6360 SP1) sheet, insert some rows and then leave open for the user.
I have no hidden rows or columns. I have no comments. (these facts are so
I don't get pointed to unapplicable Knowledge Base articles). Whenever I
attempt to insert a row, I get a "cannot shift objects off sheet" error,
even though all of the columns are visible and within the print area and
there are 8 blank rows visible and in the print area. Can anyone lend a
hand in figuring this out?

I'm really at wits end on this, as this is the only thing keeping me from
completing my project, and I've been at it for a number of days now.

Tim