Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anthony Anthony is offline

Default Macro help please

Jim,
Thanks - I'll give that a go and let you know
many thanks

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

This should be close...

Sub print_mon_jobcard()
Dim i As Integer
Dim rngToSearch As Range
Dim rngFound As Range
Dim rngFirst As Range
Dim rngDestination As Range
Dim rngAllRecords As Range
Dim wks1 As Worksheet, wks2 As Worksheet, wks3 As Worksheet

'On Error GoTo err_handler
Set wks1 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("monday's log")
Set wks2 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("formula")
Set wks3 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("jobcard")
i = InputBox("Please enter the job number you wish to print a job card for")

On Error Resume Next
Set rngToSearch = wks1.Columns("B")
Set rngDestination = wks2.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find _
(What:=i, _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole)
If rngFound Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No job with the number " & i & _
" has been found, please try again! "
Else
On Error GoTo err_handler
Set rngFirst = rngFound
Set rngAllRecords = rngFound
Do
Set rngAllRecords = Union(rngAllRecords, rngFound)
Set rngFound = rngToSearch.FindNext(rngFound)
Loop Until rngFound.Address = rngFirst.Address
rngAllRecords.Entirerow.Copy rngDestination
wks3.PrintOut
End If
Exit Sub

err_handler:
MsgBox Error, , "Err " & Err.Number
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Anthony" wrote:

Hi,
I have the following code (donated) which will take a number input by the
user and then seach a whole column for that corresponding number. Once found
it will then copy/paste the whole of that rows data onto another worksheet.
This works fine as there is never the same number in the column twice, what
I now need is for the column to be searched and then each time the same
number is found to copy each rows data onto a seperate sheet until all the
'input number' corresponding rows data has been pasted onto seperate rows in
a new worksheet.

For example, if the number input by the user is 12345 . The seach is made
and its found that this number is shown in cells A3, A7, A10 I want all the
data in cells A3:G3, A7:G7, and A10:G10 to be pasted into seperate rows in
another worksheet.
hope that makes sense, and here is the code I have....

Sub print_mon_jobcard()
Dim i As Integer
Dim iRow As Integer
Dim Cel As Range
Dim wks1 As Worksheet, wks2 As Worksheet, wks3 As Worksheet
Dim lLastRow As Long
'On Error GoTo err_handler
Set wks1 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("monday's log")
Set wks2 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("formula")
Set wks3 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("jobcard")
i = InputBox("Please enter the job number you wish to print a job card for")

On Error Resume Next
Set Cel = wks1.Columns("B:B").Find _
(What:=i, _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole)
If Cel Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No job with the number " & i & _
" has been found, please try again! "
Exit Sub
End If
On Error GoTo err_handler
iRow = Cel.Row
wks1.Cells(iRow, 1).EntireRow.Copy Destination _
:=wks2.Cells(2, 1)

wks3.PrintOut
Exit Sub

err_handler: