Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vacation's Over Vacation's Over is offline

Default look up for values in the cells

GoTo www.J_Walk.com (Hi John!)

first look at the text parsing stuff to select the last name from a
first/last combo
( buy puptools, plug, plug)

then look at his soundex excel download as a way to
work around name recognition and misspellings it's really impressive and cool

Oh, and Vlookup cures the boring part

"filo666" wrote:

Hi, I have a program and I want my user be able to look up a famyli name
instead of the whole name, I mean:
A B
Vazques Mota Frnacisco 1
Barrios Medina Alejandro 2
Concepción Báustegui Antonio 3
Andres Gustamante Berenice 4
Medina Arroyos Fernando 5
1. I want that the user put Vazques and returns the number 1 value
2. I think this question is a difficult one, but ¿What about if the user
made a mistake and instead of Vazques he puts Vasques, There could be somehow
the computer find the name???
TIA