Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hturk hturk is offline

Default Error 1004 when programming DataLabels.Position

You are correct. What would I need to do to position the datalabels above
each point for the columns.

Harry

"Alok" wrote:

You are probably trying to specify the position for a column chart type. That
constant (xlLabelPositionAbove) is valid for line graph but is not acceptable
for column chart type.

Alok

"hturk" wrote:

When I use this code that I get from Excel VBA 2002 I get an error 1004.

Dim se as Series
Dim pts as Points
Dim pt as Point

Set se = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2)
se.HasDataLabels = True
Set pts =se.Points
For each pt in pts
pt.datalabel.posiotion = xlLOabelPositionAbove - error 1004 happens
here.
next pt

Does anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong.