Fanatik

Hi Donna

The function =TODAY() will take the computer's current date.

So using the formula =TODAY()-B1 (assuming the received date is in column
B), will deduct today's date from the received date. You'll have to format
the cell which contains this formula to number, to see the number of days
which have past, but the numbers will change each day.

Hope it helps!

"Donna" wrote:

I would like to know how to write the formula so that I can calculate the
number of days from received date. Received date is a column and the formula
is in another column. When I open the spreadsheet first thing in the
morning, it should change all the numbers. I have to wait 7 days from
receipt of Return receipt of Registered mail before I can send to County
Attorney. I need this column to tell me it is time to process legally. Can
anyone help?

Thanks
Donna