Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Renamed EditBoxes keep reverting to their old names in UserForm

If you make the changes manually and save the workbook where the form is
stored, then it should save your changes.

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
I have a userForm containing 7 edit boxes, and OK button and a Cancel

button.

I wanted to rename two of them, but every time I run the user form, these
two revert to their old names.
I've renamed them repeatedly and even deleted them and recreated them with
the new names I want (but with no success). A text box repeatedly returns

its old value, too.

As this is my first foray into user forms since Excel 5 (!), can anyone
advise me as to where I might be going wrong? Do I need to save the

changes
to the form in some way?

Might I have an old version of the form in memory? Is the a quick way that

can use to unload any forms that might be in memory before loading the one

want to work with?

All these questions and more!

Thanks in advance

Pete