Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Default dialog box for active cell task to speed repeditive task

Some thoughts ..

Assuming cols A and B contain the 2 sets of numbers:

20 48
20 58
95 90
etc

You could put in C1: =(A1&B1)+0
Format C1 as Custom, Type: 00 "/" 00
Copy down

Col C will return the text results:

20 / 48
20 / 58
95 / 90
etc

If you are keying in the figures from a hardcopy into say, col A
you could format the column first as Custom, Type: 00 "/" 00
then just key in the figures direct,
for example, just key in as :

2048
2058
9590
etc

and the results will appear as:

20 / 48
20 / 58
95 / 90
--
Rgds
Max
"Todd F." wrote in message
Is there a way to create a macro so that i can speed a very annoying and
hihly repeditive task.

I am pacing into cells things like this "20/48" which stands for 20 out of

48.

Currently I type this " '20/58 "

Also it is a once and done thing - not going back and editing later.

I am doing this at month end with lots of deadlines so it would be great

if
I could get a text box that would prompt me for two values or how ever

anyone
wants to do it to solve this problem.

I will then attach to a cntrl sequence or assign to a button.

If there is a better way and it does not involve programming that is ok -

am open to suggestions.

Hey thanks for yourer thoughts