Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Roberts Steve Roberts is offline

Default Find Folder Path + file Name Length and Insert into Spreadsheet

Our company has found a fatal flaw in a program that is caused by too long
of a path. The company wants us to go through our folders and shorten the
paths to less than 200 characters including the file name. Any suggestions
on how I can have excel scan all folders + subfolders + files for ones that
exceed 200 characters and insert the offendign paths into a spreadsheet.
This would save us from counting our 2500 root folders + subfolders.

Thanks

Steve