Joohn Calder

Default Cells That Appear Empty?

Hi

I run Windows 2000 with Excell 2000. I have recently downloaded a large
amouth of data from an Access Database and put in to an Excel spreadsheet.
There are numerous blank cells scattered throughout the data. I discovered
that when doing some formuals that referenced these cells I was getting
errors. I soon discovered that ifI deleted the contents of the blank cell
this would fix the problem, so obviously there is something in the cells that
I cannot see. At first I thought it was probably a "space" that was in the
cell but this was not the case. I also thought maybe it was white formatted
text but this was also not the case. When the curser in in the cell there is
nothing showing in the edit bar. What I did notice was that if I just
"placed" the curser on the cell and placed the curser in the edit bar and
selected ok then it would remove the contents of the cell (whatever they were)

As anyone any ideas on "what" and how I can remove these "invisible" entries
easily without doing it indiviually. I could just sort each column of the
database then delete everthing below the data but as there are many columns
this would take a long time.

Thanks