Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
quartz[_2_] quartz[_2_] is offline

Default ActiveX button on sheet too big

Okay. Thanks for your input.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Set wordwrap to True. You can make the font smaller than 8 by typing in the
size in the same place where you would select it from the list.

Still isn't great, but it might get you what you want.
Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message
It's not that the font doesn't scale - it's that the button still needs to

be
big in spite of the smaller font size. I set the font down to 8 points to

see
if I could make the button smaller and still read the caption, but of

course
that failed.

How can I get around that? If you use a button on the "Forms" toolbar you
can make the button real small and still read the caption, but I need an

AX
control for certain functionality.

Thanks for your input.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Something is hosed up. If the font size is 8 (or any size), then no

matter
how big or small you make the button, the font should not scale.

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Win XP.

When I draw an ActiveX button (i.e. from the "Control Toolbox") on a
sheet,
you can't read the text on the button (its caption) unless I make the
button
twice as big as I want it (even though the font size is set to 8

points).

I can't seem to find any way to tighten up the borders or gutter space
around the text. Does anyone know how to adjust or compensate for

this?

Thanks much in advance...