Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
William Benson[_2_] William Benson[_2_] is offline

Default ActiveX button on sheet too big

Don't know a WinAPI solution but there might be one!

You can try setting its BackStyle property to fmBackStyleTransparent,
clearing its caption, and drawing a label behind it with the text you want.
You also may need to set the button's TakeFocusOnClick property to False.

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Win XP.

When I draw an ActiveX button (i.e. from the "Control Toolbox") on a
sheet,
you can't read the text on the button (its caption) unless I make the
button
twice as big as I want it (even though the font size is set to 8 points).

I can't seem to find any way to tighten up the borders or gutter space
around the text. Does anyone know how to adjust or compensate for this?

Thanks much in advance...