hi,
what i would do is create start tab. on that sheet i would
create a button for each department and put their
department number as the buttons caption.
then for code behind the button i would put something like
Private sub cmd100_click()
Sheets("100").select
Range("A1").select
end sub
and do that for each button(department)
that way whoever opened the file could click their
department button and be taken to their sheet instantly.
repost to this thread if you have questions.
good luck