Dominic

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I test and return with the results and requested info.

Dominic

Dave Peterson wrote in message ...
I've never seen xl do this.

You may want to verify that you're saving to the new file ok.

In an empty cell after the save:
=cell("Filename",a1)

Does it look ok?

(I'm guessing that something is interrupting the SaveAs--but that's a pretty
wild guess!)

======
I don't have a guess why your title bar isn't updated, but you may want to post
the version of Windows you're running to see if others with that same setup can
respond.

Dominic wrote:

Hi,

Situation: I open Excel 2002 (XP), choose a file to open (eg
"myfile.xls") and work in it.

I save a copy via File / Save as. I name it "mynewfile.xls" and click
OK.

File correctly saved; the original still exists on disk. The filename
appears correctly in the File menu in the list of recently used files.

But: the information in the Excel's title bar didn't change: it still
displays the filename of the first file.

If I understand Excel well, it saves a copy of the original file to a
new one, and keeps working with the new one. So the new filename
should appear in the title bar.

I continue working in the new file; I close Excel, open it and open
the copy (mynewfile.xls), all changes I made after the first "save as"
are well kept and saved, and now, Excel displays the correct filename
in the title bar.

Has anyone an idea how to correct the issue with the title bar
information which isn't changing after a "save as"?

I use Excel XP SP3 English (10.6713.6735) and have full local admin
access on my PC / all xls files are stored locally.

thanks in advance for any reply, information, tip or solution!

Dominic