Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
leafsfan1967 leafsfan1967 is offline

Default Programming Question

I am very familiar with Excel's basic functions but have a question that
is a bit more complex. Maybe it is better to explain exactly what I want
to do so maybe somebody will be kind enough to give me advice on how to
do it:

I want to have a spreadsheet recall an average of data from another
spreadsheet within the Excel document. For example, if I have 30
co-workers names on the main spreadsheet, and each individual co-worker
has an individual set of data that is constantly updated in individual
spreadsheets, is there a way to bring up an average of the co-worker's
individual data into the main spreadsheet? So maybe I want an average
of hours worked per week and on the main spreadsheet, all I have is the
co-worker's name and the asverage number of hours worked per week. So
for each individual co-worker's hours, is there a way to call-up the
average of their individual averages from their individual
spreadsheets?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

--