Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Using An Add-in On A Network Drive[_2_]  Using An Add-in On A Network Drive[_2_] is offline

Default Using An Add-in On A Network Drive

RBS,

You're my new best Friend!
Being a newbie to this group, I must try to find the posts of KeepITCool.
Maybe there's a coding example.

Thanks/Jack

"RB Smissaert" wrote:

I had the same problem and got a good tip from this newsgroup. I think it
was KeepITCool.
The way to do it is like this:
Have your add-in on the central server.
Excel on the local PC has an add-in installed that opens (but not installs)
the
add-in on the server. So it will open it just as a normal .xls file.
This means many people can use it at the same time and you only have to deal
with the add-in on the server.
So, the only add-in installed on the local PC is the loader add-in, not the
real add-in.
The real add-in will make a menu in Excel in the Workbook Open event and
your real add-in will be accessible.

RBS

"Using An Add-in On A Network Drive" <Using An Add-in On A Network
wrote in message
My clients use an add-in that's on their local drive.
Every time I change it, I have to redistribute it and babysit them to be
sure that they're using the right version.
How can I remove the local add-in reference, move it to a network drive
and
then re-associate it with Excel.

Thanks in advance,
Jack